Estimated Reading Time:
The President has assented to the 2016 budget.
He did it in the presence of the Vice President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo, and the chairmen of the National Assembly appropriation committees who had arrived the Presidency for the signing ceremony.
Today’s event comes after the National Assembly submitted a clean copy of the budget to the President.
The President had withheld assent after some alterations were noticed in the document.
The government announced yesterday it had mapped out 34 strategic priority programmes and projects it intended to achieve with the 2016 budget.
These include a capital spend minimum of 30% annually, an appropriate and predictable exchange regime by the end of 2016, increased low interest lending rate of 9%, self-sufficiency in tomato paste in 2016 and rice production by 2018.
It also plans to increase local production of maize, soya beans, poultry and livestock and to stop import.
The information contained in this post is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Breaking: Buhari Finally Signs 2016 Budget and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the post for any purpose.
- PDP Condemns the beheading of farmers in Zabarmari, Borno state by Boko Haram terrorists
- Here’s why Nigerians are to pay N4,000 monthly – Presidency
- Mai Mala Buni, Governor of Yobe, spends at least three days in his state
- Update: 110 civilians were killed by Boko Haram in the attack on a rice field in Borno State
- I’ve realized my mistakes: – Senator representing Borno, Ali Ndume, now knows the value of Ex-President Godluck Jonathan
- Breaking: Nigeria’s national electricity grid has collapsed
- Robbers attacked Ogun church, beat members to stupor, and kidnapped
- Northerners met in Kaduna to begin the search for Buhari’s successor
- Breaking: Villagers killed in fresh attacks and reprisals in Kaduna
- Explosives detonated at Governor Wike’s father’s Church in Port Harcourt