Estimated Reading Time: <1
Irked by the incessant violent activities perpetrated by Fulani herdsmen across parts of the country, Nigerian residents in the United Kingdom, have staged a protest at the UK Westminister Parliament to condemn the killings and destructions by armed herdsmen, as well as draw the attention of global authorities to wade into the wanton killings.
According to Mr. Chidi Ughonu, Coordinator, London Protest Against Fulani Herdsmen, the protest is coming in response to last week’s attack at Nimbo, Uzo-Uwani community in Enugu State, where six people were killed with scores wounded and properties destroyed by suspected herdsmen, Vanguard Newspaper reports.
Noting that similar attacks have happened in Agatu, Benue State, Ughonu said the protest tagged the ‘London Protest Against Fulani Herdsmen’, is also planned simultaneously in United States, Canada and across the cities in Europe.
- Ondo Deputy Governor to contest under Zenith labour party
- More repentant Boko Haram fighters to be rehabilitated – MNJTF
- APC wins Nasarawa Central state constituency bye-election
- The remains of the late former senator, Buruju Kashamu, buried in Ijebu
- North East governors rally support for military fighting the Boko Haram in the region
- Kashamu loved Nigeria dearly but he was grossly misunderstood, Mr Reuben Abati says his late running mate groomed him
- Ekweremadu says the political crises in Edo state is an affront to Nigerian democracy
- US warn its citizens against travelling to Nigeria over the coronavirus pandemic
- “Nigerians will watch out for Obasanjo’s own end” – Ayodele Fayose upset about Obasanjo’s letter on Kashamu’s death
- Nigerians react as some Lagos churches reopen today amid fear of COVID-19