Estimated Reading Time: <1
Following the attack of a community in Enugu State by Herdsmen which led to the death of scores of innocent citizens and the burning of several houses and property which has caused outrage, the Inspector General of Police, Solomon Arase has ordered the redeployment of the Enugu State Police Commissioner, CP Nwodibo Ekechukwu to the Eastern Port Police Command.
A new Commissioner of Police has subsequently been appointed for Enugu state, he is CP Emmanuel Ojukwu. Until his appointment, CP Ojukwu was the Commissioner of Police, Eastern Port Command. He was at one time the Commissioner of Police, Kogi State.
CP Ojukwu had also served as the Force Public Relations officer of the Nigerian Police and the officer in charge criminal investigations at Zone 7 Police headquarters, Abuja in the past.
When contacted, Force Public Relations Officer, ACP Olabisi Kolawole confirmed the redeployment of the officer by Force headquarters.
- British citizens in Nigeria to be evacuated to the UK – Geoffrey Onyeama
- 43% of Nigerians have lost their jobs since COVID-19, this study deserves your attention
- Breaking: Buhari writes National Assembly, wants a fresh $5.513bn loan
- Just In: Nigerian civil aviation releases new Post-COVID protocol for international flights resumption
- Just In: Gunmen abduct Chairman, Christian Association of Nigeria, demand N20 million
- NHRC urge 11 Northern states to domesticate the Child’s Rights Act
- Schools are not ready to be reopened- Minister Of State For Education
- FG should provide bailout for aviation sector – AMCON
- Coronavirus infections in Nigeria increased with 8,733 confirmed cases
- Federal Government set to release guidelines on school reopening