Estimated Reading Time: <1
In this interview with DailyTrust Newspapers at his country home, Bamaina, a former governor of Jigawa State, Alhaji Sule Lamido, speaks on politics and the opposition Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.
Question: You are busy building the PDP at the local level, whereas at the national level the party is in disarray. Don’t you think your efforts will be a waste at the end of the day?
Lamido: You know, Modu Sheriff (current PDP acting national chairman), has a long standing political history. All those making noise are product of political invention. Sheriff has been in politics and defeating PDP at the poll since 1999.
He was in the ANPP and worked for the alliance that brought together incompatibles. I mean, how do you put (Alhaji Abubakar) Atiku, (President Muhammadu) Buhari and (Chief Ahmed Bola) Tinubu in one political pot? How do you cook them? No, tell me. You can’t cook Buhari and this two in one political pot.
When they were forging alliance with ANPP, Sheriff was the arrowhead. They were celebrating him when he was in APC, working for APC.
He was a very wonderful person. But, when he joined the PDP, he became a Boko Haram member. Who is saying so, of course, the APC members because they are scared of him?
He knows them damn too well. In the build-up to the last general elections, PDP was vilified, intimidated with religion, falsehoods and propaganda through Facebook postings.
Rwandan genocide pictures were posted as Boko Haram victims. PDP was blackmailed into silence.
When you queued to vote in the north, people viewed you as an infidel. You were all there and these things happened in a country where freedom should be the operating word.
APC man can vote APC but if Lamido votes PDP, he is a Christian, he is a pastor. I think, today, Sheriff is the best thing to have happened to PDP. It is a huge good will, he has a huge followership.
He is somebody who is courageous, inspirational and he can say: look, APC go to tell. APC is thoroughly scared because they know him and what he is capable of doing.
He will come to Jigawa sometime next week. We will come out en masse to welcome him and assemble the biggest crowd ever in Nigerian politics. We want to force them (APC) out in 2019 because they have no agenda and manifesto to govern.
- Bandits displace over 600, mostly women and children in Katsina, Buhari’s home state
- Late Abba Kyari “fingered” in the ‘face-off’ between Abike Dabiri-Erewa and Minister Pantami -Read this Letter
- Parents Who Enroll Children Into Almajiri System May Go To Jail – El-Rufai
- Manager of Demolished Prodest Hotel Among 27 New COVID-19 Cases In Rivers
- All I Always Wanted In The Music Space Is Consistency – iLLBliss
- N-Power Beneficiaries Say They Have Not Received April Payment, Dispute Minister’s Claims
- INEC To Create E-Platforms For Submission Of Nomination Forms In Edo & Ondo Elections
- Nigerian Govt issues circular warning senior officials against leaking documents
- US Government probes Nigeria’s Akinwunmi Adesina at Africa Development Bank
- NDDC: Who Is Afraid Of The President’s Order For A Forensic Audit?