Estimated Reading Time: <1
As part of government’s effort at addressing the issue of unemployment, the Office of the Special Assistant to the President on Youth and Student Affairs (SAPYSA) has developed a partnership with a leading global ICT solution provider, Huawei Technologies to initiate a social development programme that would empower 1000 youths in Information and Communication Technology.
The initiative which would be overseen by the Special Assistant to the President on Youth and Student Affairs, Nasir Adhama would commence at a date to be announced soon.
The Presidential aide said that his office would select and screen the beneficiary participants from all geopolitical zones of the country for the training.
Adhama said: “Out of the 1,000 youth that would be trained by Huawei Africa, 200 would be sent to China for more training on ICT.”
He stressed that: “There are many programmes and activities that would get our youths engaged and involved, especially our brothers and sisters in Niger Delta and North East who will also benefit from the Huawei partnership programme.
“We strongly seek for the cooperation and supports of all Nigerian youths from the nook and cranny of the federation to move our nation forward,” he concluded.
It would be recalled that during the visit of President Muhammadu Buhari to China, the Special Assistant also met with the leaders of the telecommunication company on the proposed ICT programme.
Huawei which is one of the global brands in ICT, would also establish a world class ICT centre in Nigeria to create more opportunities for Nigerian Youths.
Gidado Yushau Shuaib
Media Assistant to Presidential Aide on Youth and Student Affairs
Office of the Special Assistant to the President on Youth and Student Affairs (SAPYSA)
- Nominations list for the 14th Headies Award is out, Check out the complete Nominations list
- Murder: Court upholds death sentence for Maryam Sanda
- Canadian Government supports Nigeria to strengthen security at the borders
- By-Election: Police in Lagos announce restriction of movement from 6am – 6pm in affected areas
- Arik Air sacks 300 staff members, claims economic hardship
- Patrick Vieira has been sacked as coach of Nice
- Just In: Appeal court sacks Senator Ifeanyi Araraume as Imo North APC candidate
- #EndSARS: Nigerian Police withdraws petition to end ongoing judicial panel
- CAN condemns Zabarmari massacre, calls it ‘satanic’
- Just in: Court remands Maina at Kuje Correction centre