Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Defence Headquarters, DHQ, on Thursday warned that the ‘Proof of Life’ video recently released by Boko Haram wherein some of the abducted Chibok girls claimed they are all alive and well could have been concocted as the military was yet to authenticate it.
The acting Director of Defence Information, Brig. Gen. Rabe Abubakar, who stated this in his reaction to the new video, pointed out that inasmuch as the military is concerned about the presence of the abducted girls in custody of the insurgents, the video had nothing to do with the ongoing military operations in the North-East.
Abubakar observed that Boko Haram militants were fond of using the social media to confuse people who are ignorant of their antics, stressing that, “The Nigeria Armed Forces would never give up for blackmail and mere media war. We remain focused in dealing with the matter at hand and would be steadfast in that course.”
He continued: “The truth will come out in the nearest future; we are always hopeful through our unrelenting commitment to the protection of our country from any form of aggression. Our unified operations will go on and success is on our side.
“Terrorists by their nature rely on cheap publicity, using the social media to confuse those who don’t know their antics.
“In as much as we care for the rescue of the Chibok girls, which is our target, we are equally not closing our eyes to the rescue of any person or persons in Boko Haram custody, as we have been doing in recent times.
“Over 10,000 persons have so far been rescued since the new leadership came on board in the military. And we shall continue in that direction, no matter the media reports.
“All these things are campaigns. In as much as we saw the so-called concocted video, it has nothing to do with our own activities, even though we are sympathetic to the plight of our sisters and brothers with the ungodly group.”
- Late Abba Kyari “fingered” in the ‘face-off’ between Abike Dabiri-Erewa and Minister Pantami -Read this Letter
- Parents Who Enroll Children Into Almajiri System May Go To Jail – El-Rufai
- Manager of Demolished Prodest Hotel Among 27 New COVID-19 Cases In Rivers
- All I Always Wanted In The Music Space Is Consistency – iLLBliss
- N-Power Beneficiaries Say They Have Not Received April Payment, Dispute Minister’s Claims
- INEC To Create E-Platforms For Submission Of Nomination Forms In Edo & Ondo Elections
- Nigerian Govt issues circular warning senior officials against leaking documents
- US Government probes Nigeria’s Akinwunmi Adesina at Africa Development Bank
- NDDC: Who Is Afraid Of The President’s Order For A Forensic Audit?
- 35 suspected cultists involved in recent killings in Calabar declared wanted