Estimated Reading Time: <1
The April edition of Forbes Africa features Mr Tonye Cole, Co- founder and Group Executive Director of Sahara Group.
Sahara Group is a leading privately owned Power, Energy, Gas and Infrastructure Conglomerate established in 1996 with operating companies active in the downstream, midstream, upstream, infrastructure and power sectors.
In the exclusive interview with Forbes Africa Correspondent for West Africa, Peace Hyde, Tonye Cole shares his journey overcoming bankruptcy as a young man to establishing the leading indigenous oil conglomerate, Sahara Group. The company celebrates its 20thanniversary, which has seen it establish the corporate social responsibility arm, Sahara Foundation impacting lives all over Africa.
“Failure teaches you a lot. If you are an entrepreneur, you are going to have bad days and if you are a successful entrepreneur, you are going to have even more bad days. It is important to remember the value of relationships and never give up,” says Cole.
The Group’s strategy is to replicate its successes in Oil and Gas sector in the Energy & Infrastructure sector. To achieve this, Sahara has set out a roadmap for investing in people, processes, strategic acquisitions, principal investments and continuous expansion within, initially, the West African energy & infrastructure space, and then globally.
Watch the exciting behind the scenes below and pick up your latest copy of Forbes Africa Magazine and read his amazing story.
- US Govt wants the prosecution of all those involved in killings of #EndSARS protesters
- “We have received information alleging crimes” – ICC on #EndSARS protests in Nigeria
- We give you 24 hours to return the staff of office of the Oba of Lagos OR…… – Lagos ruling house declares
- Breaking: Finally, Buhari to address Nigerians after #LekkiMassacre and #EndSARS
- The Nigerian army says videos of Lekki tollgate shooting are photoshopped and fake
- NSA says Buhari is to provide a solution to nationwide crisis
- It was a system glitch – Instagram apologizes for censoring #EndSARS posts
- Just In: Attempted Jailbreak foiled at Ikoyi Prison
- #EndSARS: Open Letter to VP Osinbajo; It’s time to realise the emperor has no clothes
- Breaking: Lagos to ease 24-hour curfew imposed over #EndSars