Estimated Reading Time: <1
Federation of International Football Associations (FIFA) has warned the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) of an impending “suspension” should Amaju Pinnick be removed as president.
In a letter to Pinnick dated April 11, 2016, FIFA warned that last week’s decision of the federal high court in Jos, if implemented, would likely be considered a5 an interference in the internal affairs of the NFF.
“…the case would be brought to the highest authorities of FIFA for consideration of sanctions, including the suspension of the NFF,” it said.
Signed by TI. (l Markus Kattner, acting secretary-general, the letter also noted: “Lastly, we would like to Stress that the plaintiff in question already filed an appeal in relation to the same matter with the highest judicial Sport authorities, the Court that said appeal was dismissed by the CAS on 18 May 2015?.
- House of representatives has withdrawn the water resources bill – here’s why
- Nigerian Senators reject Buhari’s nominee as PENCOM DG
- Nigeria’s 2020 budget has suffered a loss of over $14 billion – Senate President
- P&ID: UK Court orders release of $200 million deposit to Nigeria
- Nigeria@60: Federal Government declares October 1 Public holiday
- Buhari asks NASS for N147 billion refund for Ondo, four other states
- Convoy attack: Borno NASS members visit Zulum in Maiduguri
- ICPC should publish names of persons associated with missing school feeding funds – Minister
- Arewa Consultative Forum caution Vice President Yemi Osinbajo to watch his utterances
- 300 Rice Farmers in Cross River protest unpaid salaries