Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Presidency on Saturday faulted a report credited to former Governor of Kano State, Ibrahim Shekarau, that the Muhammadu Buhari administration is insensitive to the plight of Nigerians.
In a statement made available to journalists, the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, said it was incredibly amazing for Shekarau to preach about sensitivity.
He said this was so considering the alleged large-scale stealing of public funds by the Peoples Democratic Party government at the expense of the welfare of the people.
The presidential spokesman said the greatest insensitivity to the welfare of the people was epic corruption for which, he said, “the PDP had a notorious and unrivaled record in our recent democratic history of bad governance.”
He claimed that the alleged greed of PDP leaders “respects no boundaries of decency and rationality, so much that they could illegally steal any funds within their grip or reach, including monies meant for the security of Nigerians and the welfare of soldiers fighting terrorism in the Northeast.”
According to Shehu, Shekarau’s colleagues in the PDP government that he served have been coughing out monies that they illegally stole while in office.
“Bringing misery to your fellow countrymen and women on account of your greed and thievery is the worst example of insensitivity,” he said.
The statement said that the wellbeing of the citizens was at the heart of the President and for this reason, “the administration is seeking permanent solutions, not temporary ones to the county’s economic woes by first securing it, developing infrastructure and diversifying its economy. The several measures will bear fruition in a matter of time.”
Shehu reminded Shekarau that the commitment of the Buhari administration to fighting corruption is firm and irrevocable, and that “every stolen kobo would be recovered and channeled into improving the welfare of Nigerians.”
- Just In: Ondo Commissioner for Health, Dr Wahab Adegbenro dies
- High Court dismisses suit against Adams Oshiomhole
- Just In: Dubai police extradites ‘Hushpuppi’ & ‘Woodberry’ to the United States
- Persons with malaria and cold advised not to bother going to the airport – here’s why
- Nigeria’s continuous battle with married women and ‘state of origin’
- Just In: APC lists, Oyegun, Akpabio, Oshiomhole, Ganduje, Others, members of Edo Guber campaign council – read complete names
- OPay to shut all Nigerian operations excluding payments
- Nigerian table tennis champions qualify for 2021 Olympics
- Femi Falana, Olisa Agbakoba, Oby Ezekwesili, others launch new political movement
- FEC approves N10.6bn for roads in Kogi, Gombe and Adamawa States