Estimated Reading Time: <1
Plot to Unleash Sponsored Anti- Saraki Protests Uncovered
The Office of the Senate President, Dr Abubakar Bukola Saraki has uncovered plots by some politicians to sponsor protest marches and demonstrations in which some hired people will be given placards to disturb public peace.
In a statement signed by his Special Adviser ( Media and Publicity), Saraki’s Office stated that sponsors of the proposed protest marches are seeking to forcefully mobilize and pollute public opinion against the Senate President.
“As part of their plan, they are already distributing money and other materials to some faceless civil society Organisations, market men and women associations and other shadowy groups with a view to instigate demonstrations in Lagos, Abuja and Ilorin starting from Monday, April 11.
“They believe that the on-going trial at the Code of Conduct Tribunal provides them the opportunity to stampede Dr. Saraki out of office so that their defeated objective of getting their lackey into the office of Senate President will be realized. This is another desperate move by these spineless politicians to achieve through the back door what they failed to realize on the floor of the Senate.
“We are alerting members of the public to the antics of these desperate politicians which may result into breach of public peace, order and health. Dr. Saraki is a peace-loving and law abiding politician. The trial at the CCT is just beginning and while the prosecution’s witness has started giving evidence, he is yet to be cross-examined by the defence team. The defence has also not opened its own case. We urge members of the public to patiently wait for the conclusion of the case.
“Since the fundamental principle of our legal system is that an accused person is presumed innocent until he is found guilty, Dr. Saraki will not allow any distraction to take him away from his responsibility as President of the Senate and Chairman of the National Assembly,” Olaniyonu added.
Special Adviser (Media and Publicity) to the Senate President
- Breaking: Senator Buruji Kashamu dies of COVID-19
- “There was no prior notice of the procession” – Kaduna Police arrests those protesting killings of Southern Kaduna residents
- Northern governors condemn attacks on Southern Kaduna
- PDP NWC sets up electoral committee for Cross River State congress
- Bauchi Government defends appointment of SA on unmarried women
- Do not sack service chiefs, Governor Umahi advises Buhari
- 2023: Southern Nigeria should produce the next president says El-Rufai
- World Bank approves over $114 million for Nigerian states to fight COVID-19
- NMA reacts to reports of violence at doctors’ elections in Enugu
- COVID-19: UBER records $1.8 Billion loss