Estimated Reading Time: <1
Ekiti state Government has announced the resignation of the state Commissioner for Works and Transportation, Mr. Kayode Oso.
The announcement was contained in a statement made available to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Ado Ekiti by the Secretary to the State Government, Dr Modupe Alade.
According to the statement, Oso, known to be one of the closest political associates of Governor Ayo Fayose, resigned on health grounds.
“Mr. Kayode Oso has worked assiduously to add value to this administration going by his effort towards the development of our state.
“His letter of resignation has been fully accepted? by His Excellency, Mr. Ayo Fayose.
“Oso, in his notice to the governor, stated that he decided to resign to attend to his health challenges.
“We wish him quick recovery, the Government of Ekiti State will stand by him while he overcomes his health challenges,” Alade said.
NAN recalls that Oso, during the first term in office of Fayose, served as Chief of Staff to the governor and was later appointed works commissioner.
Oso, a native of Ado Ekiti, was again reappointed Works Commissioner on Oct. 16, 2014, soon after the governor was sworn-in for a second term.
- Breaking: Senator Buruji Kashamu dies of COVID-19
- “There was no prior notice of the procession” – Kaduna Police arrests those protesting killings of Southern Kaduna residents
- Northern governors condemn attacks on Southern Kaduna
- PDP NWC sets up electoral committee for Cross River State congress
- Bauchi Government defends appointment of SA on unmarried women
- Do not sack service chiefs, Governor Umahi advises Buhari
- 2023: Southern Nigeria should produce the next president says El-Rufai
- World Bank approves over $114 million for Nigerian states to fight COVID-19
- NMA reacts to reports of violence at doctors’ elections in Enugu
- COVID-19: UBER records $1.8 Billion loss