Estimated Reading Time: <1
Ekiti state Government has announced the resignation of the state Commissioner for Works and Transportation, Mr. Kayode Oso.
The announcement was contained in a statement made available to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Ado Ekiti by the Secretary to the State Government, Dr Modupe Alade.
According to the statement, Oso, known to be one of the closest political associates of Governor Ayo Fayose, resigned on health grounds.
“Mr. Kayode Oso has worked assiduously to add value to this administration going by his effort towards the development of our state.
“His letter of resignation has been fully accepted? by His Excellency, Mr. Ayo Fayose.
“Oso, in his notice to the governor, stated that he decided to resign to attend to his health challenges.
“We wish him quick recovery, the Government of Ekiti State will stand by him while he overcomes his health challenges,” Alade said.
NAN recalls that Oso, during the first term in office of Fayose, served as Chief of Staff to the governor and was later appointed works commissioner.
Oso, a native of Ado Ekiti, was again reappointed Works Commissioner on Oct. 16, 2014, soon after the governor was sworn-in for a second term.
- Flood Control: FCTA demolishes over 102 houses
- Allegations of illegal activity against IGP entirely false – NPF
- After NewsWireNGR special report on Nigerian farmers, NIRSAL opens applications for access to finance
- New details emerge on the arrest of Abia lawyer allegedly detained by DSS without trial
- 100 pilots at Bristow helicopters have been fired
- Federal government develops national policy on virtual meetings
- Insecurity: President Buhari directs security operatives to re-strategise
- Nigerian Govt increase the fine for hate speech from N500,000 to 5 million naira
- “We want a free and fair election” – Governor Wike wants INEC to be apolitical in Edo State
- Breaking: Kwara deputy governor and wife test positive for COVID-19