Estimated Reading Time: <1
Janet Jackson is delaying her “Unbreakable” tour, saying Wednesday that she and her husband are planning their family and that she is under doctor’s orders to rest.
The 49-year-old singer announced in a clip on her Twitter account Wednesday morning that there has been a “sudden change” to the second leg of her tour, which started in August.
She didn’t say she was pregnant with her first child, only that she needed to rest up. The youngest child of the Jackson family, she turns 50 in May.
“We’re in the second leg of the tour, and there actually has been a sudden change,” a smiling Jackson said. “I thought it was important that you be the first to know.
“My husband and I are planning our family, so I’m going to have to delay the tour. Please, if you can, try to understand that it’s important that I do this now. I have to rest up; doctor’s orders. But I have not forgotten about you.”
Jackson married Wissam Al Mana in 2012. It is her third marriage. She married singer James DeBarge in 1984, when she was 18. That marriage lasted three months. In 1991, she married Rene Elizondo Jr. They separated in 1999.
In the one-minute, 46-second video clip, Jackson thanked her fans for their love and loyalty. She went on to thank her dancers, her band and her crew. She said she couldn’t wait to get started again.
“Once again, thank you to all the fans for your love, your undying love; your loyalty that means so much to me,” Jackson said. “You’re truly appreciated. It’s been a long journey and you guys have been there each and every step of the way and I really do appreciate that. Thank you so much … I will see you soon. ”
On Dec. 24, Jackson announced she was postponing her “Unbreakable” tour until the spring to have an unspecified surgical procedure. She had been next scheduled to perform in early January in Denver.
At that time, Jackson’s statement asked for prayers of support and said no further details on her medical condition would be disclosed.
- House of representatives has withdrawn the water resources bill – here’s why
- Nigerian Senators reject Buhari’s nominee as PENCOM DG
- Nigeria’s 2020 budget has suffered a loss of over $14 billion – Senate President
- P&ID: UK Court orders release of $200 million deposit to Nigeria
- Nigeria@60: Federal Government declares October 1 Public holiday
- Buhari asks NASS for N147 billion refund for Ondo, four other states
- Convoy attack: Borno NASS members visit Zulum in Maiduguri
- ICPC should publish names of persons associated with missing school feeding funds – Minister
- Arewa Consultative Forum caution Vice President Yemi Osinbajo to watch his utterances
- 300 Rice Farmers in Cross River protest unpaid salaries