Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Ekiti State Governor, Mr. Ayo Fayose, has ruled himself out of the campaign for a joint presidential ticket with the National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Alhaji Ali Modu Sheriff, saying he is not interested in being the president or vice-president of the country.
Besides, the fiery governor also ruled himself out of a senatorial ticket when his tenure expires, noting that the campaign would be an exercise in futility as he would not contest for another position in 2019.
He said he is the most senior and most experienced governor in the country having served during the tenure of President Olusegun Obasanjo, Goodluck Jonathan and Muhammadu Buhari.
The governor made it clear that he would never support any presidential move by Sheriff, adding that if the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) chairman has such dream he should jettisoned it forthwith.
Fayose told those flying the kite of Sheriff/Fayose joint ticket that it will not fly.
“I will not support him now and I will never support him in 2019,” he insisted.
Again, Fayose took a swipe at President Muhammadu Buhari, saying he (Buhari) has no capacity to rule the country.
Fayose was also angry at those already campaigning for a second term for the president when he is barely one year into his first tenure to desist from the move as the country is on edge of collapse both political and economically under the president.
He said Buhari is the most unlucky president the nation has ever had as the economy is always performing at its worse each time he comes to power.
He stressed that the president must change his attitude, warning that no investor would come and invest in a nation where the president not only believes that he is the only incorruptible person but calls his citizens corrupt.
Fayose advised the president to stay at home to grapple with the many problems facing the nation instead of jetting out of the country at every opportunity.
He noted that the president was using the opportunity of the office to tour round the world as he never had it in the past.
“Buhari has no luck. The economy may shut down anytime from now because of the inconsistency of the government policy. The president must learn to stay at home,” The governor stated.
He lamented that every policy taken by the government in the last one year has been revised, saying such inconsistency has been the bane of the country and the economy.
- Edo State Governor, Godwin Obaseki arrives APC National Secretariat
- Just In: Gunmen invaded Kaduna community, killing villagers in Kajuru Local Govt
- Toyin Ojora Saraki: Let me be clear, we are failing women and girls
- Borno Governor suspends all staff of General Hospital for negligence
- Bauchi State Deputy Governor Tests Positive For COVID-19
- LASG says 4th Mainland Bridge construction will begin early 2021
- 18 Year Old Student Raped & Murdered In Ibadan
- Revised Budget: FG allocates 27.7 Billion to national assembly while health & education get over 40% cuts
- COVID-19: Nigerian scientists say they have developed a vaccine
- COVID-19 Update: Total infections rise To 10,819 as Nigeria records 241 new cases