Estimated Reading Time: <1
A former governor of Delta State, Chief Felix Ibru, has died. The business man, who is also a former Senator, was the President-General of the Urhobo Progressive Union from 2007 to 2010.
Born on December 7, 1935, Ibru, who died today at the age of 80, hailed from Ughelli North Local Government of Delta State.
He successfully contested the governorship election in Delta State in 1991, becoming the first democratically elected governor of the state.
In 2003, Ibru who unsuccessfully contested senatorial elections in Bendel State in 1983, was elected into the Senate under the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party. He served for only one term.
- Schools are not ready to be reopened- Minister Of State For Education
- FG should provide bailout for aviation sector – AMCON
- Coronavirus infections in Nigeria increased with 8,733 confirmed cases
- Federal Government set to release guidelines on school reopening
- Three proposed COVID-19 herbal cures identified for further investigation – FG
- Ekiti Assembly passes Tourism, Hospitality Licensing and Regulation Bill
- FG to amend National Endowment for the Arts Act
- Trading resumes in NSE after Eid-el-Fitr celebration with 0.07% growth
- Radio stations fined for violations against the Nigerian Broadcasting code
- Trump threatens to ‘close down’ social media after Twitter labelled two of his tweets “unsubstantiated”