Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Kano State Police Command on Thursday confirmed the arrest of Yunusa Dahiru, the alleged abductor of the teenager, Ese Oruru.
Addressing a news conference, Assistant Inspector General of Police, Shaibu Lawan said Yunusa will be prosecuted for taking away a minor from her parents.
He goes on to deny any involvement of the Kano Emirate Council on the issue and says that the Emir wrote officially to the then AIG, Tambari Yabo, to ensure the handing over of the girl to her parents.
AIG also indicted the Kano State Sharia Commission for not returning the girl to the Zone after the Emir directed that she should be handed over to her parents on the ground of being a minor.
- Nigerian Govt increase the fine for hate speech from N500,000 to 5 million naira
- “We want a free and fair election” – Governor Wike wants INEC to be apolitical in Edo State
- Breaking: Kwara deputy governor and wife test positive for COVID-19
- Buhari orders Niger Delta Development Commission to pay its scholarship beneficiaries studying abroad
- Hamzat Lawal listed as a Global Malala Fund Education Champion
- Former AGF, Mohammed Adoke pleads not guilty to money laundering charges
- $500 Million loan: China has no plan to take over Nigeria’s sovereignty – Chinese Government
- NIPOST, FIRS in inter-agency tweetfight over Stamp Duties
- We did not spend N13 billion on school feeding programme – Sadiya Umar Farouq
- State commissioner allegedly assaulted in Cross River over sharing of palliatives