Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Kano State Police Command on Thursday confirmed the arrest of Yunusa Dahiru, the alleged abductor of the teenager, Ese Oruru.
Addressing a news conference, Assistant Inspector General of Police, Shaibu Lawan said Yunusa will be prosecuted for taking away a minor from her parents.
He goes on to deny any involvement of the Kano Emirate Council on the issue and says that the Emir wrote officially to the then AIG, Tambari Yabo, to ensure the handing over of the girl to her parents.
AIG also indicted the Kano State Sharia Commission for not returning the girl to the Zone after the Emir directed that she should be handed over to her parents on the ground of being a minor.
- Just In: Ondo Commissioner for Health, Dr Wahab Adegbenro dies
- High Court dismisses suit against Adams Oshiomhole
- Just In: Dubai police extradites ‘Hushpuppi’ & ‘Woodberry’ to the United States
- Persons with malaria and cold advised not to bother going to the airport – here’s why
- Nigeria’s continuous battle with married women and ‘state of origin’
- Just In: APC lists, Oyegun, Akpabio, Oshiomhole, Ganduje, Others, members of Edo Guber campaign council – read complete names
- OPay to shut all Nigerian operations excluding payments
- Nigerian table tennis champions qualify for 2021 Olympics
- Femi Falana, Olisa Agbakoba, Oby Ezekwesili, others launch new political movement
- FEC approves N10.6bn for roads in Kogi, Gombe and Adamawa States