Estimated Reading Time: <1
Former National Chairman of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) and the party’s candidate for the court-ordered re-run election ror the Anambra Central senatorial zone, Chief Victor Umeh, was on Thursday arrested by operatives of the Department of State Security (DSS) at his Enugu residence.
Though details of the arrest were still sketchy as at the time of filing this report, he was reportedly arrested and taken to Abuja by road.
Meanwhile, Umeh’s media aide, Mr Stan Okeke yesterday evening confirmed the arrest of his boss in Enugu.
He said that officials of the DSS arrested Umeh at his residence following a “petition by political leaders from Anambra state allegedly led by former governor 8f the state, Dr. Peter Obi that he is sponsoring the activities of the IPOB, MASSOB”.
He said that contrary to reports that Umeh was not handcuffed and was not flown to Abuja. “They travelled by road and as I speak with you.
- Trump, Biden exchange words in chaotic first presidential debate
- House of representatives has withdrawn the water resources bill – here’s why
- Nigerian Senators reject Buhari’s nominee as PENCOM DG
- Nigeria’s 2020 budget has suffered a loss of over $14 billion – Senate President
- P&ID: UK Court orders release of $200 million deposit to Nigeria
- Nigeria@60: Federal Government declares October 1 Public holiday
- Buhari asks NASS for N147 billion refund for Ondo, four other states
- Convoy attack: Borno NASS members visit Zulum in Maiduguri
- ICPC should publish names of persons associated with missing school feeding funds – Minister
- Arewa Consultative Forum caution Vice President Yemi Osinbajo to watch his utterances