Estimated Reading Time: <1
Ifeanyi Ubah, chairman of Capital Oil and Gas, says he has the business wherewithal to restore the naira to 200 against the dollar in one month – only if consulted by President Muhammadu Buhari, With the naira currently exchanging with N384 to N390 against the dollar, Ubah, who was speaking on Channels TV’s Politics Today, said the fall is not as a result of the activities of the Bureau De Change (BDC) operators. “Look at the economy, look at the position of the naira today; some of us have ideas on how we can restore this,” he said.
“Do you know how many Burea De Change people who food has been taken out of their families because of this? If you say they are the ones causing it, then where are you today?
“It needs strategic management. It won’t take me one month, if you give me part of that consultancy, naira would come back to 200.
“I can bet my life with it, naira would come back to N200. If you call me for that consultancy, I would put naira back to 200.”
When asked how he would achieve the feat, Ubah said: “Don’t worry, that’s my business and business is secret.”
Ubah said he had no hand in the alleged rigging of Ekiti state election.
He described Ayo Fayose as a stingy governor, saying he appreciates his non-participation in the state’s election. “Ayo is a stingy governor, he is not helping people that helped him, But the issue is this, I did not, if I have done, I would say I did it. Even those ruling us today, didn’t people give them money?”
He said that the Transformation Ambassadors of Nigeria (TAN), which he owns, can work for Buhari in the future, although “nobody is dictating to TAN”.
- Robbers attacked Ogun church, beat members to stupor, and kidnapped
- Northerners met in Kaduna to begin the search for Buhari’s successor
- Breaking: Villagers killed in fresh attacks and reprisals in Kaduna
- Explosives detonated at Governor Wike’s father’s Church in Port Harcourt
- Just In: Borno Governor led residents at Zabarmari for the funeral of 43 farmers beheaded by Boko Haram terrorist
- Breaking: Nigeria’s President Buhari confirms the beheading of 43 Borno rice farmers by Boko Haram
- Former Governor of Ebonyi State, Sen. Sam Egwu has asked security agencies to arrest him
- Update: 43 bodies recovered as Boko Haram terrorists slit throats of Borno farmers
- Federal Housing Authority to publish names of Nigerians indebted to the agency in national dailies – Here’s why
- Breaking: Here are the 2020 candidates that emerged winners of the Future Awards Africa