Estimated Reading Time: <1
The naira on Wednesday depreciated further to N385 per dollar in the parallel market as demand for foreign exchange intensified in the market.
The currency however remained stable at the official interbank foreign exchange market as the interbank rate closed N199.34.
Thus the gap between the interbank and parallel market rates widened to N185.66 per dollar from N127.53 Friday last week.
Also, the naira depreciated against the British Pounds to N505 per pounds in the parallel market implying N65 depreciation when compared with the closing rate of N440 Friday last week.
- Breaking: Buhari writes National Assembly, wants a fresh $5.513bn loan
- Just In: Nigerian civil aviation releases new Post-COVID protocol for international flights resumption
- Just In: Gunmen abduct Chairman, Christian Association of Nigeria, demand N20 million
- NHRC urge 11 Northern states to domesticate the Child’s Rights Act
- Schools are not ready to be reopened- Minister Of State For Education
- FG should provide bailout for aviation sector – AMCON
- Coronavirus infections in Nigeria increased with 8,733 confirmed cases
- Federal Government set to release guidelines on school reopening
- Three proposed COVID-19 herbal cures identified for further investigation – FG
- Ekiti Assembly passes Tourism, Hospitality Licensing and Regulation Bill