Estimated Reading Time: <1
Operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) raided the Abuja offices of former Vice President Namadi Sambo in the central business district at the weekend.
Daily Trust gathered that the office of the former Vice President was raided on Saturday night as part of ongoing investigation into the arms procurement scam.
It was also learnt that the office was raided in an attempt to obtain documents linking the office of the former Vice President to the arms deal fund.
EFCC sources hinted that the former VP’s office is being investigated over allegations that some of the funds disbursed for political campaigns under the former NSA Sambo Dasuki were routed through the VP’s office.
- Breaking: Bayelsa Governor Douye Diri wins at Supreme Court against Timi Alaibe
- Nigerian Government scrambles for oxygen as COVID-19 deaths rise
- Supreme Court affirms virtual court hearing
- Lagos asks striking doctors to resume work
- Nigeria’s Dapo Olorunyomi, honoured with the International Press Freedom award
- Federal Government will pay salaries of private school teachers – NAPPS
- AGF Abubarkar Malami sues Sahara Reporters
- Just In: FG releases guidelines for schools’ resumption
- NMA wants Nigerians to avoid unnecessary visits or consultations to hospitals to minimise COVID-19 spread
- How Nigeria’s Federal Government, States, LGAs shared N7.8tr in 2019