Estimated Reading Time: <1
Embattled Secretary of the Ekiti state chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party Dr. Temitope Aluko, has alleged that former President Goodluck Jonathan gave Governor Ayo Fayose of Ekiti State, $37m cash to prosecute the June 21, 2014, governorship election in the state.
Aluko said the money was effectively used to defeat the then Governor of the State, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, who was the governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress.
He spoke with reporters in Abuja on Sunday.
Aluko, who said he was part of the team that prosecuted the election and also added that he was the chairman of the Intelligence, security committee for the campaign.
Beside, he said he handled the waiver Fayose got from the PDP at the national level to enable him qualify to take part in the governorship primary.
To further buttress important roles he played in the emergence of Fayose, Aluko also said he delivered the congresses that produced Fayose and was also the governor’s principal witness at the Election Petition Tribunal.
He said Jonathan initially gave Fayose $2m in March 2014 for the primary election and that this money was collected at the NNPC Towers, Abuja.
Aluko said, “It was about $35m dollars which is about N4.7bn he gave us for the real election and for the primaries, he released 2 million dollars to Fayose.
“I have details for all I am saying and I was present when they brought the money and it was Sen. Musiliu Obanikoro that brought the money, the 35 million dollars which he delivered to Fayose at Spotless Hotel.
“I can name eight people that were there. We were all there because he said he will want us to take delivery so that there will be transparency and accountability.
- NFF cancels 2019/2020 league season
- Just In: Ibrahim Magu asks IGP for bail
- NEMA warns of flood in 102 local government areas in Nigeria
- “Nigeria’s crude oil production quota has been reduced” – Read Buhari’s complete speech at signing of revised 2020 Appropriation Bill
- Ondo Chief Justice rejects House of Assembly’s move to impeach deputy Governor
- Minister, Godswill Akpabio denies collecting N500m NDDC projects
- Kiki Osinbajo responds to allegations of N800m property ownership
- Breaking: APC Chairman resigns in Ondo, joins PDP
- Buhari appoints Mohammed Umar as acting chairman of the EFCC
- President Buhari signs revised N10.8trn 2020 budget into law