Estimated Reading Time: <1
An operative of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Abdulrahman Mohammed Biu, deputy detective superintendent, DDS, has been arrested for offences bordering on extortion, influence peddling and personation.
The officer was arrested on Monday January 25, 2016 following intelligence report alleging that he extorted a whopping sum of $150,000 from some Military officers on the pretext that he would help give them a soft landing in the ongoing investigation into the arms deal scandal.
Upon his arrest, a search was executed on his residence in Abuja where the following items were recovered: $20,000 cash, N500, 000 cash, two police uniforms bearing his name with the ranks of Deputy Superintendent and Assistant Superintendent, Police warrant card No: 27/2014 with the rank of DSP allegedly obtained from Kano Constabulary office, documents relating to military arms investigation and account information of several senior military officers.
A search of his car parked in the premises yielded the following items: unbranded pistol with a magazine and ten live ammunitions according the statement issued by Wilson Uwujaren, Head, Media & Publicity.
His modus operandi includes dropping the names of ranking officers of the Commission, claiming he was acting on their behalf. A paper containing seven of such names was recovered in his house.
The suspect has made useful statement, while investigation continues.
- Breaking: Nasarawa State Governor’s father hospitalised, governor’s residence, palace decontaminated
- Breaking: Video shows possible gory details of Policemen killed in Kogi bank robbery
- Covid 19: Refugee Commission and Sen Garba Mohammed’s selflessness during a global Pandemic
- Open Treasury: BudgIT identified faults, calls on government to fix it
- Activist Awosanya says advocacy efforts against Police brutality, other issues, yielding results
- Breaking: In Lagos; Worship centres to reopen June 19 – Says Governor Sanwo-Olu
- Two Chinese miners abducted in Ebonyi
- B/Haram: Top commanders, logistic routes destroyed but attacks on soft targets persist – Army
- COVID-19: Ebonyi orders testing and decontamination for budget ministries
- Nigerian Lawmakers reject castration as punishment for rapists