Estimated Reading Time: <1
Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, the national leader of All Progressives Congress (APC), says the ruling political party in Nigeria cannot stop people from joining the party.
PM News reports that he told newsmen in Ibadan, Oyo state capital on Sunday that that there is the freedom principle which allow citizens to associate with any organisation or political party they want.
Tinubu said that the builders of APC must be tolerant and understand the need to check intrusion of corruption and injustice into the party.
“You can’t stop that. You cannot discriminate against that. There is nothing we can do about that.
“We cannot prevent people from coming in, the more the merrier, the better, the competitiveness,” he said.
- Breaking: EFCC arrests the immediate past governor of Kwara State, Abdulfatah Ahmed
- Breaking: Actor, Baba Ijesha has been granted bail
- FG says it has uncovered 476 online publication sites dedicated to daily churning out of fake news to fight the government
- PDP Governors want Buhari to implement restructuring, state policing
- BREAKING: Inflation rate declines for the first time in 20 months
- In Kaduna, Banks, Schools, Airport, Hospitals, others shut as NLC vows not to back down on Industrial action
- Breaking: Nigeria’s Vice-President, Yemi Osinbajo talks 2023 presidential race
- A UNIJOS Professor and her husband have been kidnapped in Plateau
- ‘We have started the process to impeach Senate President Ahmed Lawan’- Lawmaker
- Kaduna Strike: ‘El-Rufai never believes he is wrong but we will compel him’ – NLC