Estimated Reading Time: <1
Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, the national leader of All Progressives Congress (APC), says the ruling political party in Nigeria cannot stop people from joining the party.
PM News reports that he told newsmen in Ibadan, Oyo state capital on Sunday that that there is the freedom principle which allow citizens to associate with any organisation or political party they want.
Tinubu said that the builders of APC must be tolerant and understand the need to check intrusion of corruption and injustice into the party.
“You can’t stop that. You cannot discriminate against that. There is nothing we can do about that.
“We cannot prevent people from coming in, the more the merrier, the better, the competitiveness,” he said.
- Court upturns deregistration of 22 political parties by INEC
- JAMB moves 2020 UTME screening into tertiary institutions to September 7
- Insecurity: Buhari says the government is doing its best but lack of resources has become a problem
- Sharia court in Kano sentences singer to death for blasphemy against Prophet Mohammed
- Hope Uzodimma, governor of Imo state, petitions NJC and attorney-general over the tag “supreme court governor”
- Insecurity: Buhari meets with North-East governors, security chiefs
- Agboola is desperate to be Governor says PDP
- Petroleum tanker drivers begin strike
- Katsina government warns civil servants against “improper use of social media”
- All roads and bridges in Apapa will be completed in October says Sanwo-Olu