Estimated Reading Time: <1
Senator Shehu Sani, the Senator Representing Kaduna Central has said he will remain with the ruling political party in Nigeria, the All Progressives Congress as long as Nigeria’s president, Muhammadu Buhari, remains a member of the party.
Sani said this on Sunday in Kaduna after he commenced the distribution of 100,000 transistor radio sets in seven local government areas under his senatorial district.
According to him, he would remain in APC as long as President Buhari is still in the APC, “because Buhari is APC,” he said.
He told journalists that the national body of APC has already invalidated his suspension from the party and advised the two parties to avoid any form of attack and counter attack “I have instructed all my supporters and followers to abide by this, but unfortunately, some people are capitalizing on the crisis for their own monetary gains.
“I am saying it in clear terms that as far as I am concerned we would abide by what the national body says,” he said.
He said as Chairman, Senate Committee on Foreign and Domestic Debt and also vice chairman, Senate Committee on Foreign Affairs, he would continue to call on nations which Nigeria has diplomatic relations with to assist the fight on corruption by returning money looted from Nigeria.
- Breaking: European Union lifts travel restrictions
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Naira Marley irritates the hypocrisy in all of us
- Buhari signs amended Companies Allied Matters bill
- Lai Mohammed says the hate speech N5 million fine is to deter those willing to destabilise Nigeria
- DG of the Progressive Governors forum says party is losing electoral value
- Just In: NUPENG orders tanker drivers to Suspend services in Lagos
- Candidate of the APC in Edo State, Ize-Iyamu says he does not want to go to Jail
- Former Nassarawa SSG cleared of all allegations of financial misappropriation
- Reps summon finance minister, predecessor over N1.7 trillion
- Federal civil servants on grade level 12 and above to resume full work hours