Estimated Reading Time: <1
The race for the ticket of the All Progressives Congress (APC) for the forthcoming rerun election in Anambra senatorial district remains open as the party declared that it has not chosen a candidate yet.
This lays to rest reports in the media that Ms. Sharon Ikpeazor has been chosen as the candidate of the party ahead of Mrs. Uche Ekwunife who recently defected from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
But the national secretariat of the APC in a statement Thursday signed by Mai Mala Buni, its national secretary, said the party is yet to have a candidate for the polls.
The statement read: “The APC warns against the declaration of any result from the Anambra Central Senatorial primary election conducted by the party.
“Senator Domingo Obende who was duly appointed by the party to conduct the primaries is yet to declare a final result, hence any other result announced from any quarter is null and void.
“The media and general public is advised to await completion of the exercise.”
- WAEC is deliberately creating a wedge between young Muslims and the mosque says MURIC
- After 15 years, Shoprite considers ending its Nigeria operations
- In Ogun state, parents reject N25,000 COVID-19 test levy for returning students
- $125 million fraud: NNPC to take Mexican oil firm to court
- Taraba is the only state where nobody has died from COVID-19 according to NCDC data
- Breaking: Air Peace allegedly sacks most of its pilots over pay dispute
- Abia Governor sacks commissioner for transport, suspends others
- Lagos boat mishaps: Sack LASWA management, PDP asks Sanwo-Olu
- “Nigeria’s sovereignty may have been traded for foreign loans” – Former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar raises alarm
- Osun Government says hotels, bars, and clubs violating COVID-19 protocol to pay N250, 000 fine