Estimated Reading Time: <1
The People’s Democratic Party, PDP, has called on the National Assembly to commence impeachment of President Muhammedu Buhari for the various constitutional breaches especially the submission of two version of the 2006 budget.
In a statement signed by PDP’s acting national secretary, Uche Secondus, the party called on the National Assembly to thoroughly investigate the shameful act, including the distortion and banding of figures to accommodate the ruling All Progressive Congress, APC, personal interest and ensure that appropriate sanctions is meted to whoever has a hand in the dubious action that has brought embarrassment to the legislative body.
The party also asked the Ministers of Finance, Budget and National Planning to resign having failed to provide the much needed capacity in the management of the nation’s economy resulting in the embarrassing crashing of the nation’s currency to as low as N305 to a dollar.
PDP also asked the Governor of Central Bank of Nigeria CBN to resign for plunging the country’s currency policy into chaos an action that thrown investors into total confusion.
The party admonished the government to stop pretending that it knows what to do when feelers from the seat of power shows clearly that Nigerians by voting for APC have just discovered they boarded a once chance bus.
“We sympathizes with Nigerians who are seriously undergoing terrible hardship because of the now obvious inept leadership of APC despite the promise of one Naira to a dollar”, the party said.
“What hope can a government that allows its currency to break a 43 year old record crashing to over N300 to one dollar offer and yet does not show it has clear focus of what to do.
The party said that APC government rather than address very grievous national issues created by its lack of capacity to govern has instead resorted to violation of peoples rights in the name of fighting corruption.
They noted in particular the continued detention of its Spokesperson Chief Olisa Metuh for nearly 10 days in clear breach of his fundamental Human rights and reiterates its earlier call on the anti graft body to release him unconditionally with immediate effect
Finally, the party called on all lovers of democracy especially the international community to note the fact that rule of law and respect for citizens rights, essential ingredients of civil liberty have taken flight in Nigeria under President Buhari’s watch.
- Breaking: 553 new Coronavirus cases reported in Nigeria, highest in a single day
- Kaduna: Group calls for FG’s intervention in Kajuru killings
- Nollywood Actress, Regina Daniels is having a baby with Ned Nwoko
- Infectious Diseases Bill more dangerous than coronavirus – Ekweremadu
- Ibrahim, President Muhammadu Buhari’s nephew, is dead
- Doctors threaten strike over non payment of COVID-19 Allowance
- 268 Nigerians arrive from China
- Niger State plans to modernise local Islamic schools
- “Destructive shadow of bitterness, we’re shackled by the sins of our fathers”- Nigeria is haunted by the Biafran war
- Nigeria’s Elnathan John, others to judge Kalahari short story competition open to writers in Swahili, French and English