Estimated Reading Time: <1
The FCT Command of Directorate of State Services, (DSS) has alerted members of the public on the new style of operation by fraudsters who specialised in getting women nakedness through animation and sent to their targets.
The Director of the command, Mr Abubakar Bubuche said this while presenting two suspected fraudsters to newsmen on Wednesday in Abuja.
He warned members of the public to desist from sending their sensitive photographs to the Internet so that criminals would not use them against them.
He said: “This is to inform the general public about the activities of a criminal syndicates’ style of operation include among others, the use of computer animation to strip their victims and put their nude pictures on facebook and other social media platform.
“The gang calls up their potential victims and orders them to pay certain amount of money to a given account numbers or have their personal pictures edited and posted nude on the internet,”he said.
Bubuche said several complaints prompted the Service to swing into action which eventually led to the arrest of two people in connection with the internet fraud.
He said the suspects, 35 and 22 years respectively, were arrested in Maiduguri by operatives from the Command.
“The public may wish to note that this syndicate has diverse membership with various professional skills, especially in the ICT,”he said.
Babuche called on FCT residents to be wary of fraudsters and promptly report such cases and suspected persons to the security agencies.
He reiterated the Service’s resolved to discharge its duties with every sense of responsibility and commitment.
- ‘I am not part of the National Consultative Front’ — Agbakoba denies new political movement
- Retirees in Osun protest non-payment of entitlements since 2015
- AfDB panel to review report on Adesina
- Nigeria stock market may end 2020 in red – Uwaleke
- Nigerian Labour Congress rejects new fuel price
- Buhari gives marching orders for revenue drive
- Just In: Ondo Commissioner for Health, Dr Wahab Adegbenro dies
- High Court dismisses suit against Adams Oshiomhole
- Just In: Dubai police extradites ‘Hushpuppi’ & ‘Woodberry’ to the United States
- Persons with malaria and cold advised not to bother going to the airport – here’s why