Estimated Reading Time: <1
All Progressives Congress (APC), youth group, Youth for Change (YC) has given the national chairman of the party, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, seven days ultimatum to recognize the party’s deputy national publicity secretary, Comrade Timi Frank as the acting spokesman of the party.
The youth group has threatened to carry out a nationwide protest after seven days of its warning, if Frank was not recognized as the spokesperson of the party.
The group, in a statement signed in Abuja Wednesday by the national coordinator and the publicity secretary Adamu Muhammad and Daniels Ojolowo respectively, expressed disappointment in the leadership of APC for running modern democratic government without any youth in the cabinet.
The statement reads: “We are shocked at Chief Oyegun’s act of breaching our party’s constitution and exhibiting this undemocratic act under democratic government by arrogating the role of the party publicity secretary to himself, thereby denying Comrade Timi Frank, who is constitutionally recognise as the spokesperson, in absence of the National Publicity Secretary.”
- After 15 years, Shoprite considers ending its Nigeria operations
- In Ogun state, parents reject N25,000 COVID-19 test levy for returning students
- $125 million fraud: NNPC to take Mexican oil firm to court
- Taraba is the only state where nobody has died from COVID-19 according to NCDC data
- Breaking: Air Peace allegedly sacks most of its pilots over pay dispute
- Abia Governor sacks commissioner for transport, suspends others
- Lagos boat mishaps: Sack LASWA management, PDP asks Sanwo-Olu
- “Nigeria’s sovereignty may have been traded for foreign loans” – Former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar raises alarm
- Osun Government says hotels, bars, and clubs violating COVID-19 protocol to pay N250, 000 fine
- COVID-19: Lagos state government to shut down Eti-Osa and Agidingbi isolation centres