Estimated Reading Time: <1
Just Friday, former governor of old Anambra State, Senator Jim Nwobodo dumped his party, Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).
And Saturday he completed another defection by dumping the Anglican Communion for the Catholic Church.
He re-wedded his many years heartthrob, Patricia in the Catholic Church. He had wedded her in the Anglican Communion in the early 80s when the late Abubakar Rimi performed the duties of best man, The Nation reports.
Nwobodo, hitherto, was a staunch Anglican. He single handedly built the multi-million naira St. Mathew’s Anglican Church in his hometown, Amechi, Awkunanaw in the 70s.
He fell out with the leadership of the Anglican Communion when his son, Ifeanyi died?. The burial site of his son generated a big controversy.
This pitched the former governor who insisted that the his son would not be buried with his expanse compound but be buried in a land close to the compound.
- Biafra: “Destructive shadow of bitterness, we’re shackled by the sins of our fathers”
- Nigeria’s Elnathan John, others to judge Kalahari short story competition open to writers in Swahili, French and English
- President Buhari reconstitutes NNPC board
- We have worked hard for our COVID-19 free status- Cross River Govt
- Nigeria has failed to bring justice for mass atrocities committed during the Biafran war
- Six Airforce personnel jailed over Alex Badeh’s killing
- Former GMD of NNPC, Maikanti Baru is dead
- Obiano signs COVID-19 Prevention Bill into law
- APC accuses Bauchi Governor of starving state assembly of funds
- NCDC receives 50,000 medical face masks from Taiwan