Estimated Reading Time: <1
Ivory Coast’s Yaya Toure has said it was “sad and indecent” that he failed to win the African footballer of the year award.
Toure was narrowly beaten to the 2015 crown by Gabon’s Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang during a ceremony last night in Nigeria.
“I give an example: it’s Lionel Messi who wins all the trophies but it’s Ronaldo who is Ballon d’Or. What would you say? It’s unjust,” he told Radio France Internationale.
“Even Fifa, which is engulfed in a corruption scandal would not do that,” Toure added.
However, the Manchester City midfielder, who has won the last four African player of the year awards, congratulated Aubameyang for his victory.
- Just In: Ondo Assembly begins process to impeach deputy governor
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Do you know the hate speech bill is still alive and well at the senate?
- COVID-19: Personal assistants and aides not allowed in airport terminals, FG tells VIPs
- Presidential Panel had Ibrahim Magu of EFCC detained for 6 hours after arrest at the commissions headquarters
- Foreign students taking online lectures in the US might be deported – US Government
- “They learnt from you” – Senator Shehu Sani trolls Ibrahim Magu of EFCC after ‘arrests’
- Ize-Iyamu, the APC Candidate for Edo State is to appear in court over alleged N700m fraud
- Ganduje of Kano promises to send Rivers Governor Wike to Isolation centre until Edo Election is declared for APC
- Senator Shehu Sani asked me to bribe Judges – Witness tells court
- COVID-19: Disinfection of schools to begin July 7 – Federal Government