Estimated Reading Time: <1
By Chris Nomjov
Lagos State University (LASU) has gotten a new Vice-Chancellor, following the confirmation of Prof. Olanrewaju Fagbohun as the 8th Vice-Chancellor of the Lagos state University.
Prof. Fagbohun’s appointment was confirmed by the Lagos State governor, Akinwunmi Ambode, in a statement by the State’s Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Mr. Steve Ayorinde.
Until his appointment Fagbohun, a Professor of Environmental Law; was the Director of Research at the Nigerian Institute of Advanced Legal Studies, University of Lagos.
The statement also revealed that Fagbohun, who was born on October 16, 1966; is a native of Akesan in the Alimosho Local Government area of Lagos State.
In January 1991, he joined LASU’s Faculty of Law as an Assistant Lecturer and continued to rise through the ranks, becoming an associate professor in 2004.
He studied Law at the University of Ife (now Obafemi Awolowo University), obtained his Master’s of Law Degree at the University of Lagos and attended the Obafemi Awolowo University for his doctoral degree programme.
He has served as a member of Senate of the Lagos State University; Head of Department of Business Law and later Department of Private and Property Law; Coordinator, Law Centre; Coordinator of the Department of Environmental Law and Allied Disciplines of the Centre for Environment and Science Education of the Lagos State University at different times, and was, for several years, the Editor-in-Chief of the LASU Law Journal.
Fagbohun is a member of several academic and professional bodies, and a fellow of a number of national and international institutions.
- LASG announces partial reopening of schools
- Kogi Governor appoints acting Chief Judge
- Bauchi Governor suspends Emir of Misau
- APC plans to use Ganduje, Yahyah Bello and Uzodinma to derail Edo election – PDP
- Stamp duty will now be paid on house rent and C of O – FIRS
- No differences to sort out in APC, says Tinubu
- EFCC arraigns Malabu Oil, six others over $1 billion fraud
- Plateau State Chief of staff tests positive for COVID-19
- COVID-19: Akwa Ibom has not received any financial assistance from FG – Gov Udom Emmanuel
- 24 hours after Ayade’s ‘party’ to celebrate zero COVID-19, UCTH announce 5 positive cases