Estimated Reading Time: <1
Former Minister of Information, Labaran Maku, has called on Nigerians to show appreciation to former President Goodluck Jonathan for sacrificing his ambition for the unity of Nigeria against the prediction that Nigeria would break up in 2015.
Maku made the call at his country home in Nasarawa Eggon less than 24 hours after the African Sun Times named Jonathan as their International Person of the year.
The former minister said “ I want to call on Nigerians to appreciate God for sending Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan to keep Nigeria safe despite predictions by some people that Nigeria will break up in 2015.”
“Because of God and the conduct of free and fair election by Jonathan and acceptance of defeat by Jonathan, Nigeria ended 2015 as democratic country, Nigeria ended 2015 in relatively peace with the exception of the insurgency war in the North East of Nigeria.
- Three persons have died and nine injured following a building collapse in Lagos
- Domestic flights resumed at the local wing of Port Harcourt
- Nigerian lady advertised for sale on Facebook in Lebanon, on her way home
- “We ride together, we die together, bad marriage for life” -Will Smith and Jada Smith address affair with Singer August
- Osun SSG, Prince Wole Oyebamiji recovers from Coronavirus
- Lagos sealed off private medical laboratory for allegedly conducting COVID-19 tests
- NFIU office located in Aso Rock, burgled as N510bn is traced to Bureau de change linking Ibrahim Magu – computers taken away
- Recovered loots ‘relooted’ must be ‘re-recovered’ – Former Governor Ayodele Fayose said Ibrahim Magu, sold recovered assets under his watch to his associates
- Nigeria evacuating stranded citizens in Malaysia and Thailand
- How Nigerian Immigration stopped 58 doctors from travelling to the United Kingdom