Estimated Reading Time: <1
Gov. Ben Ayade of Cross River, has described the annual Calabar Carnival as the “largest street party in Africa.’’ The governor, made the remark at the grand finale of the 2015 carnival, noted that the festival is unique in promoting talents and unity among Nigerians.
Ayade pointed out that apart from promoting talents and creativity, the carnival had united the people of Cross River and other Nigerians.
“We are celebrating 11 years of the carnival; the greatest street party ever; the greatest show in West Africa, this is just the beginning.
“This is my first carnival as governor of the state. We will continue to add new innovations to make it colourful in the years ahead,’’ he assured.
He said that the theme for this year’s carnival is “climate change,’’ adding that the hospitality of the state had continued to attract tourists from across the world.
See stunning photos from the largest street party in Africa, Calabar Carnival which is ongoing in Cross River State.
Photo Credit: Vanguard
- Presidency warns against ‘Misguided elements plotting to pass vote of no confidence on Buhari’
- AS Roma appoints Jose Mourinho as head coach
- ‘Our DG is incompetent, he doesn’t have a PhD’ – NISER workers protest
- Iniubong Umoren’s murder: Reps ask IGP to take over investigation, prosecution of suspects
- Biafra sit-at-home protest to hold Monday, May 31 – IPOB
- WTO DG Okonjo-Iweala announces her four Deputy Directors-General
- Insecurity: Senate to meet with service chiefs on Thursday
- Just In: Parents of abducted Kaduna students protest at National Assembly complex
- “A challenging stretch of time,” – Jennifer Gates, the eldest daughter of Billionaire Bill Gates and estranged wife
- Insecurity: Presidency holds another security meeting