Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigeria’s Mikel Obi alongside retired players Jay Jay Okocha and Kanu Nwankwo are among the top 10 highest earning African players of all time according to a study conducted & published by French publication, Footendirect. With a cumulative take-home of $50 million, John Mikel Obi is now the best paid among the current generation of Nigerian players.
According to Footendirect, Mikel who earns about £75,000 per week at Chelsea has a total earnings estimate of $50m while Kanu Nwankwo and Jay Jay Okocha who have since retired made $100m and $150m respectively from their career. See the full list after the jump.
1. Samuel Eto’o/Antalyaspor : 202 millions de dollars 2. Yaya Touré/Manchester City : 170 millions de dollars 3. Didier Drogba/Montreal : 155 millions de dollars 4. Jay-Jay Okocha : 150 millions de dollars 5. Nwankwo Kanu : 100 millions de dollars 6. Michaël Essien/Panathinaïkos : 70 millions de dollars 7. Emmanuel Adebayor/Libre : 57 millions de dollars 8. Obi Mikel/Chelsea : 50 millions de dollars 9. Kolo Touré/Liverpool : 43 millions de dollars 10. Sulley Muntari/Al-Ittihad : 40 millions de dollars
- NDLEA arrests a trans-border drug trafficker with N1bn worth of cocaine in Sokoto
- Just In: Katsina orders reopening of boarding schools after Kankara abduction
- Salihu Tanko-Yakasai’s family petitions DSS
- COVID-19: Nigeria to get four million vaccine doses Tuesday
- APC Youths blame Salihu Tanko-Yakasai for his comments on Buhari – demand his release
- Chinedu Ekeke: Buhari regime, gasping for air, begging to breathe
- Correction: 317 kidnapped schoolgirls of Government Secondary School in Jangebe, Zamfara yet to be freed
- I will never accept and legalise same-sex marriage – Ghana President, Akufo-Addo
- Fans react as Davido is spotted holding hands with alleged new lover, Mya Yafai
- Why we arrested Salihu Tanko-Yakasai – DSS Reveals