Estimated Reading Time: <1
Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State said, yesterday, that the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) under President Goodluck Jonathan squandered the resources of the country and that of its members.
Oshiomhole stated this while receiving over 5,000 members of the PDP in the three senatorial districts of Edo including the immediate past Chairman of the House of Representatives Committee on Power, Patrick Ikhariale; Abbas Braimah; and Bisi Idaomi.
The decampees were received into the party by Oshiomhole, assisted by some governorship aspirants of the APC, such as former Governor Osarhiemen Osunbor and Gen.Charles Airhiavbere, who had on several occasions urged the PDP leaders to forget pride and join Oshiomhole in moving the state forward.
“For the first time, big people are being asked to account, in the past we only hear of governors, local government people, commissioners but this time we are seeing Minister of Finance confessing like a witch craft how they took money and even co-opt their children so they didn’t just share money for the party they shared for their families. When a Minister pays money into her own personal account, we have seen national security being redefined to meet the security of a political party to secure the party in office rather than secure the nation even in the face of a devastating insurgency”, the governor stated.
- Covid-19: Lagos council demands fumigation fees, certificates from churches
- Hollywood actor Antonio Banderas tests positive for COVID-19
- Breaking: Federal High Court orders substituted service of disqualification suit on Ize-Iyamu
- Civil servants on levels 12, 13 have been directed to resume work
- EiE opens ‘Hacking the Nigeria Code’ online course for citizen engagement
- There could be regrets; Federal Government warns as COVID-19 deaths approach 1,000
- 4.36 million oil barrels lost to power outage, others – NNPC
- Nigeria launches project in Osun to begin gold mining and refining in 2021
- President Buhari signs African Trade Insurance Agency instrument
- Court upturns deregistration of 22 political parties by INEC