Estimated Reading Time: <1
A Court of Appeal in Abuja division on Tuesday sacked Aniekan Uko, the Speaker of Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly.
The panel of three judges led by Justice Moshood Oredola Abdulrahman held that election of Uko who represents Ibesikpo Asuntan constituency was marred with malpractices.
However, election of two other members of the State House of Assembly were upheld.
- Nigeria@60: Federal Government declares October 1 Public holiday
- Buhari asks NASS for N147 billion refund for Ondo, four other states
- Convoy attack: Borno NASS members visit Zulum in Maiduguri
- ICPC should publish names of persons associated with missing school feeding funds – Minister
- Arewa Consultative Forum caution Vice President Yemi Osinbajo to watch his utterances
- 300 Rice Farmers in Cross River protest unpaid salaries
- States take Federal Government to the Supreme Court over funding
- Trans fat: Nigeria still on the road finalise regulation
- VP Osinbajo urges leaders of destination countries to insist on repatriation of illicit funds & their proceeds
- INEC replaces manual voting with automated voting system