Estimated Reading Time: <1
National leadership of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP has raised alarm that the All Progressives Congress, APC and the military have connived to rig the elections in Southern Ijaw Local Government Area of Bayelsa state.
In a statement signed by PDP National Publicity Secretary, Chief Olisa Metuh, the PDP said, “This rigging is being coordinated by the same Army Major who supervised the killings yesterday. The Major has handed most of the sensitive materials to APC agents to fill and return as results in the evening.
“Southern Ijaw Local Government Area is the largest in the state and the APC wants to use this scheme to inflate result figures in favour of their candidate.”
- Tax debt payments have been extended to August 31 – FIRS
- Kogi swears in new Chief Judge
- NewsWireNGR Journalist, Nelly Kalu, accepted into Dubawa Fact-Checking Fellowship
- NBC Code Amendment: The New Frontier in Nigeria’s War on the Economy
- Ibrahim Magu spent his second night in police custody as DSS Operatives ransacked his homes
- Special Report: Fighting COVID-19 in Nigeria but citizens are dying of other illnesses due to neglect
- Kwara Governor loses chief of staff to COVID-19
- Senate ammends Police Act, okays four-year single tenure for IGP
- Schools in Kenya to remain shut until 2021
- “The continued lockdown order on the places of worship is no longer acceptable and reasonably justified” – CAN Leadership tackles Lagos Govt