Estimated Reading Time: <1
By Chris Nomjov
Governorship candidate of the All Progressive Congress (APC) Timipre Sylva has gained considerable momentum in the forthcoming Bayelsa gubernatorial polls, as six political parties have stepped down for the former Governor.
Speaking in Yenagoa the state capital, Chairman of the Labour Party, Hope Democratic Party (HDP), Alliance for Democracy (AD), Unity Party of Nigeria (UPN), Advanced Congress of Democrats (ACD) and the United Democratic Party (UDP) all threw their weights behind the candidacy of Mr Sylva.
According to them, their decision is borne out of their love for the state and the need to have a leader that understands the yearnings of the people of Bayelsa.
They urged Bayelsans to vote for Mr Sylva to actualize the dream of a prosperous Bayelsa State.
- MD of NDDC Says The Commission’s 2019 budget padded with over 500 fake projects
- Presidency deny reports of cancelled memo signed off by the late Abba Kyari
- Governors to meet over financial autonomy for judiciary & legislature
- Kaduna Govt extends lockdown by two weeks
- Lagos State Internal revenue service extends deadline for taxpayers
- Nigerian Airports to resume Operations – here’s what you need to know
- Nigerian children must be given all the necessary care – Gbajabiamila
- Governor Masari resumes lockdown in Katsina after Eid el-Fitr Celebration
- 28 COVID-19 testing centres now 28 across Nigeria, Katsina and Ogun get labs – NCDC
- Nigerian farmers likely to go out of business due to COVID-19 Pandemic