Estimated Reading Time: <1
Watford have been one of the Premier League’s surprise packages in the opening stages of the season and the Hornets are sitting pretty in 11th after twelve matches. One of the main reasons for their success is Odion Ighalo. The Nigeria international has been inspirational this campaign, scoring seven goals so far. He is currently joint-second on the top scorers list and will stake a claim for the top spot if he continues to score at his current rate.
Simply put, Ighalo is exceptional. At the start of the campaign, many were already condemning Watford to relegation back to the Championship. Those who did are certainly eating humble pie now as they sit above the likes of Chelsea, Norwich and Swansea City. In fact, the Hornets have to face both Jose Mourinho’s men and the Canaries in the coming weeks and you can read up on these teams via Bookmakers’ website.
Having said that, Ighalo won’t be scared of either team. He has already shown plenty of quality in the opening stages of the campaign and will continue to shine in Watford’s vibrant attack. Troy Deeney has struggled for form but Ighalo has ensured that the Hornets continue to score goals and play attacking football. Ultimately, he is a huge part of their offensive unit and Watford would definitely be struggling without him.
In fact, Watford’s star has been prolific enough to attract attention from punters throughout the campaign. Whether they are placing bets on Ighalo’s next career move or number of goals he will score in the remainder of the season, he’s certainly a popular wager in the betting markets. If you are going to place a bet involving Ighalo, you can calculate your winnings via the best online bet calculator – which is available at Bookmakers’ website.
Whether he will still be at Watford next year or not, only time will tell. In the meantime, Ighalo will continue to improve throughout the season and the Hornets will be hoping that the Nigeria striker can maintain his current level of performance for the remainder of the campaign. If he can bag another 13 goals and reach 20 for the season, that will be considered an exceptional achievement for Ighalo and, you never know, those goals may just keep Watford up this season…
- “Aboki” and the dangers of othering
- FG begins ‘systematic maintenance’ of Lagos bridges & drains
- 9 contractors made the shortlist for Fourth Mainland Bridge – Hamzat
- $18.34 million paid as ransom between June 2011 & March 2020: SBM looks Inside Nigeria’s Lucrative Kidnap Industry
- Allegations of corruption against the National assembly smacks of cheap blackmail – Sen Ajibola Bashiru
- Telecom firms now to pay N1 per km for Right Of Way (RoW) in Kwara
- Ebonyi to shut down some of its social media groups from June 2
- Breaking: Coronavirus cases in Nigeria exceeds 10,000
- “Your appointments will ruin Nigeria”, – Col Umar warns Buhari in open letter
- “We have lost a great member” Redeemed Church Demands #JUSTICE4UWA