Estimated Reading Time: <1
Minister of Defence, Mohammed Dan Ali, has warned that the current wave of pro-Biafra agitations in parts of the South-East of the country may escalate and constitute threat to national unity.
“Nigeria is currently facing many indices of destabilization,” the Minister said yesterday when he resumed duties at the Ship House, headquarters of the Ministry of Defence in Abuja.
According to him, the Federal Government in collaboration with what he described as stakeholders
should brainstorm and come up with a roadmap in order to abort any processes that may destabilize the nation.
He re-affirmed Federal Government’s commitment towards routing the “Boko Haram insurgency in parts of the North-East of the country.
According to him, “the APC had promised even before the coming of the President Muhammadu Buhari administration that it would fight the insurgency. The terrorists are on their way out, even before the December deadline and the President has shown openly that he is ready to fight the insurgency.
The Minister said that henceforth, all procurement for the military would be guided by due process, as, according to him, “arms and ammunition, stock verification and accountability will be key and joint operation is also very important as the Army, the Air Force and the Navy. Also, jointness in operation is very important. If the army operates on its own, the Navy, the Air force must work together to achieve a common goal.
“Leadership is all about integrity, honesty and transparency. There cannot be a good leader without these three things. You cannot be a good leader if you don’t have integrity, you cannot be a good leader if you don’t have honesty, so also, transparency. Forget about corruption. Corruption can never come near you if you have these qualities. So gentlemen, we should imbibe these three qualities.
“Where is your integrity when your own Chief of Army Staff stood up and said his Commander- in- Chief of the Armed Forces has no WAEC, How? Please let us be sincere with ourselves. Because that day, you should have stood up and said no. If you leave the job, is that the end of your life? If you leave the job there are other ways, better ways that God can use to bless your life,”Ali said.
- Fed Gov’t announced some lifelines for the broadcast industry – here’s what you need to know
- Former Vice Chairman of APC, Inuwa Abdulkadir, Dead
- Just In: Ondo State Secretary to Government, Ifedayo Abegunde, resigns
- Negotiating with bandits is the best option for peace – Zamfara Governor
- Doctors in Cross River on strike over undeclared COVID-19 cases
- ‘We had no plan to bar Oyo deputy governor from fidau prayer’ – Ajimobi’s family
- “APC Is Irresponsible, Reckless” – PDP kicks against ruling party linking members to fraudstar Hushpuppi
- Just In: Benue State University DVC dies of Covid-19
- Just In: Boat mishap in Benue River, Scores killed
- Former GM of LASIMRA, Jide Odekunle is dead