Estimated Reading Time:
Minister of Defence, Mohammed Dan Ali, has warned that the current wave of pro-Biafra agitations in parts of the South-East of the country may escalate and constitute threat to national unity.
“Nigeria is currently facing many indices of destabilization,” the Minister said yesterday when he resumed duties at the Ship House, headquarters of the Ministry of Defence in Abuja.
According to him, the Federal Government in collaboration with what he described as stakeholders
should brainstorm and come up with a roadmap in order to abort any processes that may destabilize the nation.
He re-affirmed Federal Government’s commitment towards routing the “Boko Haram insurgency in parts of the North-East of the country.
According to him, “the APC had promised even before the coming of the President Muhammadu Buhari administration that it would fight the insurgency. The terrorists are on their way out, even before the December deadline and the President has shown openly that he is ready to fight the insurgency.
The Minister said that henceforth, all procurement for the military would be guided by due process, as, according to him, “arms and ammunition, stock verification and accountability will be key and joint operation is also very important as the Army, the Air Force and the Navy. Also, jointness in operation is very important. If the army operates on its own, the Navy, the Air force must work together to achieve a common goal.
“Leadership is all about integrity, honesty and transparency. There cannot be a good leader without these three things. You cannot be a good leader if you don’t have integrity, you cannot be a good leader if you don’t have honesty, so also, transparency. Forget about corruption. Corruption can never come near you if you have these qualities. So gentlemen, we should imbibe these three qualities.
“Where is your integrity when your own Chief of Army Staff stood up and said his Commander- in- Chief of the Armed Forces has no WAEC, How? Please let us be sincere with ourselves. Because that day, you should have stood up and said no. If you leave the job, is that the end of your life? If you leave the job there are other ways, better ways that God can use to bless your life,”Ali said.
The information contained in this post is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Pro-Biafra Protests May Destabilize Nigeria Says Defence Minister and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the post for any purpose.
- PDP Condemns the beheading of farmers in Zabarmari, Borno state by Boko Haram terrorists
- Here’s why Nigerians are to pay N4,000 monthly – Presidency
- Mai Mala Buni, Governor of Yobe, spends at least three days in his state
- Update: 110 civilians were killed by Boko Haram in the attack on a rice field in Borno State
- I’ve realized my mistakes: – Senator representing Borno, Ali Ndume, now knows the value of Ex-President Godluck Jonathan
- Breaking: Nigeria’s national electricity grid has collapsed
- Robbers attacked Ogun church, beat members to stupor, and kidnapped
- Northerners met in Kaduna to begin the search for Buhari’s successor
- Breaking: Villagers killed in fresh attacks and reprisals in Kaduna
- Explosives detonated at Governor Wike’s father’s Church in Port Harcourt