Estimated Reading Time: <1
Hajia Aisha Jummai Alhassan, the court-ordered governor-elect of Taraba state, in company of Adamawa state governor, Jibrilla Bindow, visited former vice-president Atiku Abubakar at the weekend.
APC Taraba leaders also attended the meeting.
Now every little girl who ever wanted to be governor in Nigeria has a role model. Congratulations Aisha. pic.twitter.com/hpJUMj6Gi6
— Atiku Abubakar (@atiku) November 8, 2015
"I'm proud to have supported Aisha's race for governor. She has shown that being a woman is not a disadvantage" Atiku wrote.
The former VP then added, Aisha has also shown that passion and doggedness can take you to the top. We need more women like her.
- Buhari will on Friday sign the revised 2020 budget into law
- British High Commission to restart visa applications for Nigerians ready to travel to the UK
- Sokoto to construct flyovers with N10.2 billion
- Nigeria’s Vice President wants probe allegation he received N4bn from Ibrahim Magu
- A total of N281 billion has so far been released to the NDDC since 2016 – here’s why the senate declared open an investigation
- Attorney General, member Nasarawa state task force test positive for COVID-19
- Nigeria begin evacuation of another batch of citizens stranded in Europe
- Opinion: Violence in Nigeria has taken diverse forms in recent times
- Wike of Rivers State has advised residents to be wary of air travellers from Abuja and Lagos – states with high coronavirus cases
- Oniru residents write Sanwo-olu over New Oba’s alleged use of thugs