Estimated Reading Time: <1
By Chris Nomjov
Prominent businessman and politician, Alh. Bashir Tofa says he doesn’t believe that the South-East region is marginalized by the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari.
Tofa insists that, it is only irresponsible fanatics that will be making such claims, and agitating for secession.
In an interview with Vanguard, Tofa said it’s a shame that after all these years, there’s still tribal discord in Nigeria.
He said: “I have not heard any sensible and responsible Igbo man making such accusations. It was just the ranting of some fanatics, who always want us to see ourselves in tribal and religious garbs.
After all these years together, it is a shame that we are still unable to shed these identities and become Nigerians. The more we continue this way, the more harm we inflict on our national unity and progress.
I am sure President Buhari’s main consideration is not WHO a person is, but WHAT that person can deliver to the Nigerian people. I have long advocated that we must stop being a country of “You know WHO, but a country of you know WHAT’.”
- 43% of Nigerians have lost their jobs since COVID-19, this study deserves your attention
- Breaking: Buhari writes National Assembly, wants a fresh $5.513bn loan
- Just In: Nigerian civil aviation releases new Post-COVID protocol for international flights resumption
- Just In: Gunmen abduct Chairman, Christian Association of Nigeria, demand N20 million
- NHRC urge 11 Northern states to domesticate the Child’s Rights Act
- Schools are not ready to be reopened- Minister Of State For Education
- FG should provide bailout for aviation sector – AMCON
- Coronavirus infections in Nigeria increased with 8,733 confirmed cases
- Federal Government set to release guidelines on school reopening
- Three proposed COVID-19 herbal cures identified for further investigation – FG