Estimated Reading Time: <1
Senate President Bukola Saraki has arrived at the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) where is trial for alleged false declaration of assets continues.
He arrived in company of numerous senators at 9:45am. More that 45 of them, who were seated in six long seats on the left side of the courtroom. When Saraki was at the tribunal on October 21, he came with 81 senators.
Some of the senators were Ike Ekweremadu, deputy senate president (PDP); Sam Anyanwu (PDP), Andy Uba (PDP), Adamu Aleiro (APC), Shehu Sani (APC), Dino Melaye (APC), Tayo Alasoadura (APC), Kabiru Gaya (APC) and Uche Ekwunife (PDP).
Saraki was in court for the first time on September 22, after an order for his arrest by the CCT. He pleaded not guilty to 13-count charges of false declaration of assets, and said he was on trial because of his emergence as senate president against the wish of certain people.
This is his third appearance at the CCT. At his second appearance on October 21, the tribunal adjourned his trial on the grounds that there was a pending judgment at the court of appeal.
- Bandits displace over 600, mostly women and children in Katsina, Buhari’s home state
- Late Abba Kyari “fingered” in the ‘face-off’ between Abike Dabiri-Erewa and Minister Pantami -Read this Letter
- Parents Who Enroll Children Into Almajiri System May Go To Jail – El-Rufai
- Manager of Demolished Prodest Hotel Among 27 New COVID-19 Cases In Rivers
- All I Always Wanted In The Music Space Is Consistency – iLLBliss
- N-Power Beneficiaries Say They Have Not Received April Payment, Dispute Minister’s Claims
- INEC To Create E-Platforms For Submission Of Nomination Forms In Edo & Ondo Elections
- Nigerian Govt issues circular warning senior officials against leaking documents
- US Government probes Nigeria’s Akinwunmi Adesina at Africa Development Bank
- NDDC: Who Is Afraid Of The President’s Order For A Forensic Audit?