Estimated Reading Time: <1
Senate rejects committee report against Rotimi Amaechi’s confirmation and approved his nomination following the walk out staged by the opposition Peoples Democratic Party, PDP .
Earlier the Nigerian Senators had kicked against the approval of former Governor Rotimi Amaechi as minister.
Sen. Sam Anyanwu who chaired the report committee during the deliberations, said that due to the report of the C’ttee on Ethics, The Senate has no right to recommend confirmation.
Senator Sekibo also comments on the Petition against Amaechi stating that it is an allegation and should not be amended by any Senator.
‘We’re joining President Buhari to fight against corruption, I hope his followers join him to fight against corruption too.’ says Sen. Sekibo.
Senator Jide Omoworare speaks on the Petition saying; the C’ttee on Ethics and Privileges is the most important C’ttee of the House. He then refers to the Senate Standing Rules saying since the Petition is in court, the Senate cannot decide on the matter.
While senator Biodun Olujimi talks about a moral compass, says a court of law must absolve Amaechi before he is confirmed.
Meanwhile, the Senate also approved nomination of Ocholi Enojo James, Baba Shehuri Mustapha Cladius Omoleye Daramola, Heineken Lokpobiri , Khadija Abba Ibrahim, Barrister Adebayo Shittu, Zainab S. Ahmed, Mr. Geoffrey Onyeama,dewole Folorunso,Mansur Mohammed Dan Ali,Pastor Usani Uguru,Prof. Anwuka Anthony Gozie, Adamu Adamu, Mohammed Musa Bello
- Breaking: Armed security officials fire live bullets at thousands of #EndSARS protesters at Lekki toll gate in Lagos
- Flight operations at the Murtala Mohammed Airport suspended
- Nigerian senate asks Buhari to Immediately address citizens #EndSARS
- Breaking: IGP deploys anti-riot policemen nationwide
- Just In: All Progressives Congress leader wants court to shutdown twitter in Nigeria
- Tension as hoodlums set ablaze another police station in Lagos State
- Speaker Gbajabiamila says he will not sign the 2021 Appropriation Bill until … #EndSARS
- Breaking: Lagos Government declares curfew over #EndSARS protests
- Nigerian economy loses N700bn to #EndSARS protests in 12 days
- Just In: 8 killed, 7 others injured in a tanker explosion in Niger State