Estimated Reading Time: <1
The group championing the secession of Biafra from Nigeria, Indigenous People of Biafra Worldwide, which owns Radio Biafra on Sunday, wrote an open letter to world leaders over the plight of its leader, Nnamdi Kanu, who was arrested yesterday by the Directorate of State Service, DSS.
In the letter written by one Ifeanyi Chijioke on behalf of the group, the members said that with the arrest of Kanu, freedom of speech had received a knock of death.
The letter reads: “The world leaders must stand up to its integrity, pride, and in defense of the law they made,” the group said adding that the UN chatter on the rights of indigenous people had become endangered with the arrest of this “leader of indigenous people of Biafra.
“It’s in record that Nnamdi kanu is a law abiding leader who has disciplined indigenous people of Biafra to strictly abide by local and international law.
“The gut for his arrest is nothing but slap on the face of United Nations.
“Meanwhile, this is a gross provocation of indigenous people of Biafra and, as endangered people, would only wait shortly for due process and immediate release of her leader.
“The world should know that arrest of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu is the making of monster in indigenous people of Biafra and to prevent and save lives must world leaders stand up to their responsibility.
“Biafrans, as endangered species of terror, genocide, murder and unlawful detentions, must be sorted or laws will be taken into their hands.
“Biafrans call on world leaders to prevail on Buhari to with immediate effect release the leader of the people as he is charged with no crime.
- Federal Airport Authority won’t shut down Kaduna Airport after attack —MD
- Just In: Presidency clarifies fire outbreak in Aso Rock
- COVID-19: Lagos shuts-down 11 facilities for violating protocols
- Herdsmen kill two farmers in Ekiti – Governor Fayemi says “This is one killing too many”
- Buhari marks International Women’s day by unveiling a list of female appointees
- Just In: Queen Elizabeth is to address the nation in a televised speech at 5pm today
- “He is carrying on as normal,” – Presidency tells Nigerians, Buhari has no side effects after Covid-19 Vaccine
- Breaking: Supreme Court Justice, Nwali Sylvester Ngwuta Dies in his sleep
- I “cannot continue to be a member of a Political party that endangers” – Former APC Chairman resigns
- Adams Oshiomhole refers to Governor Obaseki as his “brother and friend” after the two met in Auchi