Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Nigerian Senate has formally confirmed as ministers 18 nominees who have been screened by it between Tuesday and Wednesday.
Lai Mohammed representing Kwara State, home state of the President of the Nigerian Senate, Bukola Saraki had a resounding “nays” against the the “ayes” but that was overruled by the President of the senate who confirmed his nomination..
Those whose appointments were formally confirmed are Chief Ogbonnaya Onu, Senator Udo Udoma, Dr Kayode Fayemi, Chief Audu Ogbeh and Dr Osagie Ehanire, Lt. Gen. Abdurahman Dambazau, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, Amina Mohammed, Engr. Suleiman Adamu and Ibrahim Usman Jibril.
Also confirmed as ministers were Babatunde Raji Fashola,the current group managing director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, Dr Ibe Kachikwu, Abubakar Malami, SAN, the former governor of Anambra state Dr Chris Ngige and Senator Aisha Jumai Alhassan.
The appointments of Kemi Adeosun, Hadi Sirika and Solomon Dalong were also confirmed as ministers.
- WAEC announces new date to release result
- Media sanction over #EndSARS coverage is draconian – Group writes NBC DG
- Just In: Amnesty release a new timeline investigating the Toll Gate massacre #EndSARS
- I will sign executive order to recover looted property – Adamawa Governor
- Lagos State Government says there’s nothing wrong in asking the military to intervene
- I was detained for 47 days by SARS; man narrates as Judicial panel of inquiry begins sitting in Lagos
- Nigerian Army says Lagos state government invited it to intervene in #EndSARS protest
- Nigeria declares public holiday for Eid-El-Maulud Celebration
- Buhari re-appoints INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu for another 5-year-term
- We must regulate social media – Nigerian govt insists making reference to #EndSARS protests