Estimated Reading Time: <1
The flag bearer of the All Progressive Congress (APC) in Kogi State, Prince Abubakar Audu, has promised to declare a state of emergency in the economic and power sector, if voted in as the Governor of the state for four years.
Prince Audu disclosed this while receiving a Chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Leke Abejide, who decamped to the APC with hundreds of supporters at Alu in Yagba East Local Government Area of the state.
While soliciting for votes from the people, Audu, who was the former Governor of the state, said the welfare of the people remained a priority to him, noting that he has the best interest of the people at heart.
Lake Abejide, who decamped to the APC, gave his reasons for quitting the PDP.
“There are five reasons I left the PDP. Foremost of it all is that the PDP is conservative in nature and I am progressive in nature, he said.
“Over the years, I have tried to change things within their fold, but I have realised that it will not be. After painstaking deliberation with some of my followers and supporters across the three local councils in the area, and some people outside the state, we decided it is best to move to the APC where the real idea behind my joining politics can be realised”, He added
- No differences to sort out in APC, says Tinubu
- EFCC arraigns Malabu Oil, six others over $1 billion fraud
- Plateau State Chief of staff tests positive for COVID-19
- COVID-19: Akwa Ibom has not received any financial assistance from FG – Gov Udom Emmanuel
- 24 hours after Ayade’s ‘party’ to celebrate zero COVID-19, UCTH announce 5 positive cases
- Ondo State Governor’s wife, Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu, aide test positive for COVID-19
- NUJ wants Ondo Governor to declare 14 days lockdown
- Nigeria’s debt portfolio of has risen to N28.63tn
- Plateau LG chairman, Ezekiel Mandyau, is dead
- Centre for disease control discharges higher number of Covid-19 patients in Nigeria