Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Ogun State Police Command, Monday, confirmed the arrest of a blogger, Emmanuel Ojo for accusing the wife of the state governor, Mrs Olufunsho Amosun of allegedly laundering $300,000 in London.
The state Police Public Relations Officer, Muyiwa Adejobi, who confirmed the arrest on the telephone, said Ojo is being detained at the command’s headquarters, Eleweran, Abeokuta, for questioning.
Ojo was arrested for a story exposing the alleged quizzing of Ogun State first lady, Mrs Olufunso Amosun, in London for money laundering.
Ojo was said to have been trailed and arrested on Saturday and detained at Ibara Police Station, Abeokuta for wrongly accusing Mrs. Amosun.
She has since denied being involved in any money laundering saga.
Adejobi said the command received a complaint from the state government about the blogger, which led to his arrest.
Adejobi said investigations on the matter are ongoing.
He said, “We received a complaint from the state government on the suspect, and he was arrested. Presently he is with us at Eleweran, we are still conducting our investigations. If he is found wanting he will be charged to court accordingly.”
The Secretary to the State Government, Mr. Taiwo Adeoluwa, said governor Amosun, was not connected with the arrest of the blogger as being speculated in some quarters.
He, however, confirmed that the state government made a formal complaint to the police and the director of the State Security Service, about a false allegation that the blogger made against the First lady.
- Nigerian Doctor Dies From Corona Virus
- Just In: Boko Haram Currently Attacking Ngala, Borno Community
- Akeredolu Pays 2 Months Salaries Of Ex-Political Office Holders
- Paris bans daytime Jogging to contain spread of Coronavirus – Police issue fines for lockdown violations
- VIDEO: How 20-Year old ABU Zaria Student Produced Manual Ventilator for COVID-19 Patients
- Coronavirus: 75 workers with the University Of Benin Teaching Hospital in isolation
- Opinion: Why The Conviction Of Funke Akindele Cannot Stand In Law
- Opinion: When will Pastor Chris Oyakhilome be arrested for spreading falsehood?
- WhatsApp Puts New Limits On The Forwarding Of Viral Messages
- Governor Seyi Makinde said in boosting his immunity to fight coronavirus, he consumed vitamin C, carrots and black seed oil mixed with honey