Estimated Reading Time: <1
Youths from the four Akure-speaking local government areas of Ondo State Monday trooped to major roads in the state capital to protest the recent abduction of the former Secretary to the Government (SGF), Chief Olu Falae by suspected Fulani herdsmen.
The youths under the aegis of Akure Youth Coalition (AYC) decried the activities of herdsmen, who they accused of terrorising people of Akureland and the state on their farmlands.
The protesting youths from Akure South, Akure North, Ifedore and Idanre Local Government areas, carried placards of various inscription.
The youths, who converged on the converged on the town hall in the heart of the town and marched to the Deji’s palace and Ondo State House of Assembly with placards, which protested their grievances.
More details follow…
- Federal government approves N108 billion for road projects
- Nigeria to review her foreign policy in order to reflect current realities
- “‘Indictment’ reinforces our position that the EFCC, under his watch, has been a huge scam” – PDP on Ibrahim Magu
- Ose Anenih: Change and the Institutionalisation of Corruption
- Imo Governor queries IMSU VC over non-payment of staff salaries
- FG cancels resumption of schools, withdraws unity schools from 2020 WASSCE
- PHOTOS: Domestic flights resume in Nigeria’s airports
- Airborne transmission of COVID-19 cannot be ruled out says WHO
- Breaking: Ondo Assembly suspends deputy speaker
- Just In: An explosion on Oil mining lease 40 operated by NNPC has killed workers