Estimated Reading Time: <1
Statistics released by Facebook has shown that, it has nearly 20 million users in major African markets Nigeria and Kenya.
Facebook showed on Thursday that Nigeria had 15 million monthly active users as of June 30 this year, all of them using mobiles to like, share and upload content on the social network. In Kenya, 95 percent of the 4.5 million monthly active users did so via mobiles.
Facebook’s head of Africa, Nunu Ntshingila, in a statement said: “Mobile is not a trend; it’s the fastest adoption of disruptive technology in history of communication.
Meanwhile, the latest report from Facebook indicate that, South Africa has 12 million monthly active Facebook users, and Facebook says with its strong advertising partnerships in Africa it would use its new office in Johannesburg to expand its business across the African continent.
Facebook said its active user population in Africa grew 20 percent to 120 million in June from 100 million in September last year.
- Breaking: Nigeria records 16 new cases of Coronavirus, total infections now 254
- Nigerian Doctor Dies From Corona Virus
- Just In: Boko Haram Currently Attacking Ngala, Borno Community
- Akeredolu Pays 2 Months Salaries Of Ex-Political Office Holders
- Paris bans daytime Jogging to contain spread of Coronavirus – Police issue fines for lockdown violations
- VIDEO: How 20-Year old ABU Zaria Student Produced Manual Ventilator for COVID-19 Patients
- Coronavirus: 75 workers with the University Of Benin Teaching Hospital in isolation
- Opinion: Why The Conviction Of Funke Akindele Cannot Stand In Law
- Opinion: When will Pastor Chris Oyakhilome be arrested for spreading falsehood?
- WhatsApp Puts New Limits On The Forwarding Of Viral Messages