Estimated Reading Time: <1
Statistics released by Facebook has shown that, it has nearly 20 million users in major African markets Nigeria and Kenya.
Facebook showed on Thursday that Nigeria had 15 million monthly active users as of June 30 this year, all of them using mobiles to like, share and upload content on the social network. In Kenya, 95 percent of the 4.5 million monthly active users did so via mobiles.
Facebook’s head of Africa, Nunu Ntshingila, in a statement said: “Mobile is not a trend; it’s the fastest adoption of disruptive technology in history of communication.
Meanwhile, the latest report from Facebook indicate that, South Africa has 12 million monthly active Facebook users, and Facebook says with its strong advertising partnerships in Africa it would use its new office in Johannesburg to expand its business across the African continent.
Facebook said its active user population in Africa grew 20 percent to 120 million in June from 100 million in September last year.
- ‘We had no plan to bar Oyo deputy governor from fidau prayer’ – Ajimobi’s family
- “APC Is Irresponsible, Reckless” – PDP kicks against ruling party linking members to fraudstar Hushpuppi
- Just In: Benue State University DVC dies of Covid-19
- Just In: Boat mishap in Benue River, Scores killed
- Former GM of LASIMRA, Jide Odekunle is dead
- NLC suspends week long strike in Cross River
- NNPC appoints, redeploys top management Staff
- 632 candidates fail Law School bar final exams
- President Buhari is an ‘accidental president’ ‘ – Fasyose
- Ondo Deputy governor asks Akeredolu to hand over government, gives 21 day ultimatum