Estimated Reading Time: <1
Former president, Dr Goodluck Jonathan, has said the appointments of Dr Akinwumi Adesina as president of African Development Bank (AfDB) and Ms Arunma Oteh as treasurer/vice president of the World Bank demonstrated that he had a good economic team.
The submission was contained in separate letters of congratulations to both Dr Adesina and Ms Oteh.
Adesina is the immediate former Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, while Ms Oteh is the Director-General of Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
In his letter to Adesina, Jonathan said “given your exemplary record of performance, while serving as Minister for Agriculture and Rural Development in my cabinet, I have no doubt that you will deploy your energy and the bank’s resources to ensure that Africa experiences a new era of accelerated development.”
Also writing to Ms Oteh, the former president said “I am delighted that you are going to your new job, fresh from the experience of having led the recovery and growth initiatives of the Nigerian bourse in the wake of the decline occasioned by recent global economic recession and financial crisis.
“I am convinced that the experience you gathered as Director-General of SEC gave you deep insights on how to tackle the peculiar challenges of a developing nation.”
- Buhari’s Fuji house of commotion
- Abike Dabiri accuses Minister, Ali Pantami of driving her staff out of NCC property –
- Buhari “regime” is pursuing political annihilation of the South – group alleges
- Two new cases of coronavirus recorded in Enugu State
- Social distancing was not fully enforced during the Eid prayers in Kano
- Nigeria confirms 265 new cases of COVID-19, totalling 7,526
- In Borno State Governor Zulum Attends Eid Prayers While Social Distancing
- President Buhari Celebrates Eid-El-Fitr Privately Amid COVID-19 Pandemic
- Eid-el-Fitr: NSCDC Deploys 500 Officers In Yobe
- Kaduna State Healthcare Workers Begin 7-Day Warning Strike