Estimated Reading Time: <1
Former president, Dr Goodluck Jonathan, has said the appointments of Dr Akinwumi Adesina as president of African Development Bank (AfDB) and Ms Arunma Oteh as treasurer/vice president of the World Bank demonstrated that he had a good economic team.
The submission was contained in separate letters of congratulations to both Dr Adesina and Ms Oteh.
Adesina is the immediate former Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, while Ms Oteh is the Director-General of Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
In his letter to Adesina, Jonathan said “given your exemplary record of performance, while serving as Minister for Agriculture and Rural Development in my cabinet, I have no doubt that you will deploy your energy and the bank’s resources to ensure that Africa experiences a new era of accelerated development.”
Also writing to Ms Oteh, the former president said “I am delighted that you are going to your new job, fresh from the experience of having led the recovery and growth initiatives of the Nigerian bourse in the wake of the decline occasioned by recent global economic recession and financial crisis.
“I am convinced that the experience you gathered as Director-General of SEC gave you deep insights on how to tackle the peculiar challenges of a developing nation.”
- Kaduna Government closes sports betting shops across the state
- Edo Decides: Early signs of a transition from party-based elections?
- Imo State governor, Hope Uzodinma, has rejected Edo election results – vows APC will win in court #EdoDecides2020
- “There is no more APC” – Senator Rochas Okorocha speaks after defeat of the party in Edo #EdoDecides2020
- “We would have loved to win,” – Governor El-Rufai says APC defeat in Edo was a surprise
- Hamzat Lawal: Okonjo-Iweala represents what the WTO needs at this moment
- Nigeria’s monthly oil revenue crashes by 75% – NNPC Report
- PHOTOS: NFF unveils new kit for Super Eagles and Falcons
- Health Workers call off 7 day strike
- “No one should say shit about Ganduje” – Fatima, Kano Governors daughter defends her father #EdoDecides2020